Sue is a child and adolescent psychiatrist and social scientist by background, with a keen interest in how evidenced based policy can be translated into practice across health, education social care, justice and the world of work.
She is interested in tackling inequalities through building better social scaffolding within and across communities, especially to achieve parity for those with mental health challenges, learning disabilities and neurodevelopmental disorders.
Her past roles held include:
- President of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Chair of Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
- Non-Executive Director of the Department for Health and Social Care
- Chair of the Children and Young People’s Coalition
- Mental Health Advisor at Health Education England
Her current roles include:
- Chair of the Centre for Mental Health
- BEVAN commissioner
- Non-Executive Director of Manchester University Foundation Trust
- Independent Non-Executive Director of KOOTH mental health online platform